Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer Restylane solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. Restylane and Restylane Lyft are FDA approved dermal fillers for facial lines. They are a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel based on a natural substance, called hyaluronic acid. The gel is injected into the skin in tiny amounts with a very fine needle. The result is instantaneous and produces a long-lasting, natural enhancement, gentle and safe to your skin. Restylane may be used to augment lips, fill in facial lines or smooth and erase the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
Restylane and Restylane Lyft cost about the same as collagen injections, lasts at least 6 to 9 months, which is nearly twice as long as collagen, and do not require a skin test. For these reasons Buckingham Center’s Nurse Injectors are nearly exclusive injecting these products for conditions that in the past were treated with collagen. The other dermal soft tissue filler Dr. Buckingham recommends is Juvederm. There are several hyaluronic acid filler options, a complete description of these products is available on this website.
To determine if a patient is a good candidate for this procedure, Dr. Buckingham recommends a private patient consultation.
Restylane Before and After Photos
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Dr. Buckingham feels that successful facial plastic surgery results from the development and maintenance of good rapport between the patient, the surgeon, and his staff during the consultation and future appointments. The consultation will include a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to bring about the desired results and all questions relating to the patients specific concerns will be addressed.
Prospective patients are encouraged to call the office to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience.
Frequently Asked Restylane Questions
Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler comprised of hyaluronic acid. It may be used to treat facial lines and improve the facial wrinkles, to enhance the lips, and to improve the appearance of dark circles beneath the eyes. Once Restylane is injected it can restore a more youthful appearance by creating volume and fullness in the face.
Restylane is a clear, biodegradable, non-animal based gel made that is made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance. Because Restylane is non-animal based, a skin test is not needed prior to treatment.
Candidates for Restylane treatment are in good physical health and have realistic expectations for improving the appearance of wrinkles and other facial imperfections. A private patient consultation with Dr. Buckingham is the best way to determine if Restylane is right for you.
During your consultation for a Restylane injected treatment, Dr. Buckingham will perform a complete facial analysis. This will allow him to determine if Restylane is best suited to meet your desired results or if another procedure will be more appropriate. Dr. Buckingham will also answer any questions or concerns that you may have about the Restylane treatment or other plastic surgery procedures.
There is usually little discomfort associated with Restylane injections. An anesthetic may be used during treatment and any discomfort experienced afterwards is usually minor and fades within a few days.
Restylane treatments are typically administered in the office setting.
The Restylane injection may be combined with some for of anesthesia such as a topical anesthetic or local anesthetic in order to optimize the patients comfort.
Restylane treatments are fairly simple, quick procedures. Dr. Buckingham uses a very fine needle to inject the Restylane gel beneath the skin in small amounts.
Restylane is a relatively quick procedure which typically takes no more than thirty minutes to complete.
The recovery period is very quick and minor after Restylane treatment. Swelling or redness may occur and usually clears up within a couple of days. Normal activity can usually be resumed immediately after the procedure.
Work and other normal activities can usually be resumed immediately after the Restylane treatment however certain facial areas result in minor swelling or bruising. Dr. Buckingham will discuss this in more detail at the consultation.
The results of Restylane last an average of six to nine months.
The under eye area is the best place for fat transfer. It can also be treated with injectable fillers such as Restylane. The advantages of Restylane is that it is an in office procedure with very little down time. The disadvantage is it is temporary. The advantages of fat transfer is that the results can be permanent. The disadvantages is that the survival is variable. If the survival is not adequate however a second fat transfer can be performed.
Frequently Asked Restylane Lyft Questions
Restylane Lyft is an FDA-approved dermal filler able to soften facial lines and wrinkles by restoring lost volume and fullness. Restylane Lyft treatments can provide the facial skin with a more youthful and smoother appearance. Restylane Lyft has also been used to treat facial scars and skin depressions and to augment or enhance the lips.
Restylane Lyft has been used on facial wrinkles, nasolabial creases, cheek depressions, acne scars, hollows around the eyes, facial depressions, and fine lines around the lips, mouth, nose and forehead. Restylane Lyft has also been used for lip enhancement and chin augmentation and to redefine the lip border.
Restylane Lyft is comprised of a natural substance known as hyaluronic acid. It is a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel that has no risk of allergy and does not require skin testing prior to treatment.
Candidates for Restylane Lyft treatment are in good physical health and have realistic expectations for improving the appearance of facial wrinkles and lines, scars and skin depressions.
During your consultation for Restylane Lyft, Dr. Buckingham will meet with you and perform a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to meet your desired results. He will also be sure to answer any and all questions that you may have about Restylane Lyft or other cosmetic procedures.
Injectable filler procedures like Restylane Lyft are typically performed in an office setting.
Injectable fillers like Restylane Lyft are often performed using a topical anesthetic or local anesthetic.
Dr. Buckingham uses a very fine needle to inject the Restylane Lyft gel beneath the skin in tiny amounts. There is little discomfort during the procedure and results are instantaneous.
Restylane Lyft treatments are quick, simple, in-office treatments that take just about thirty minutes to complete.
There is typically little discomfort associated with injectable fillers like Restylane Lyft, though some type of topical or local anesthetic or other numbing agent may be used. Discomfort is also minimal after treatment.
There is little recovery or downtime associated with the Restylane Lyft injection. Some temporary redness, swelling or tenderness may occur though these side effects tend to resolve quickly.
Most patients receiving Restylane Lyft injections can immediately return to work and other normal activities after treatment however there may be some minor bruising and swelling.
The results of Restylane Lyft last about six to nine months, which is nearly twice as long as the results provided with collagen.
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.