Edward D. Buckingham, M.D.
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Botox/Dysport Instruction Sheet
|PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY TO MINIMIZE ANY ADVERSE SURGICAL OUTCOMES. IF YOU SHOULD HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK US.|
After your botox or dysport injection:
1. You may have mild bruising, swelling, discomfort, and/or a headache following the injection. You may use an ice pack to the treated area and take Tylenol for the discomfort.
2. Do not massage the injected area. This may diffuse the Botox into surrounding muscles causing unwanted effects.
3. Stay upright, avoid lying flat, for 2-3 hours after treatment, to prevent Botox or Dysport from accumulating unevenly.
4. Call our office with any rashes or any persistent abnormal swelling (3 or more days).
5. Botox typically has its effect in 1 to 2 days following the injection. Effectiveness increases during the first week however, in some cases the full effect can take up to 2 weeks. The effect lasts approximately 3 to 4 months.
6. Call our office with any questions or concerns, 512-401-2500.