Edward D. Buckingham, M.D.
Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Post Care Instructions for the Vascular Laser
|PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LIST OF INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY TO MINIMIZE ANY ADVERSE SURGICAL OUTCOMES. IF YOU SHOULD HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK US.|
Items needed for post-operative care: Polysporin Ointment, Ice pack, sunscreen, if applicable-SPF 15 or greater
1. Wash the affected area gently twice a day with soap and water. Blot dry. Do not rub or scratch the area when drying.
2. If crusting develops, keep on a thin layer of Polysporin ointment continuously.
3. Avoid trauma to the area. This may occur from a wash rag, bed clothing, rubbing on parents clothing (if a child), and other activities in daily life.
4. After the area is healed (approximately 7 to 10 days), begin applying the sunscreen, if sun exposure is expected.
5. No sports activities should be performed for one week after treatment, including swimming.
6. A soft ice pack may be used to reduce swelling, especially around the eyelids.
7. Do not take any medicine containing aspirin. Tylenol is fine to take for discomfort.
8. It is very important to your well being that you follow all instructions completely, given to you by this office. It is also very important that we check your progress regularly following surgery. DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES!!! If you are concerned about anything you consider significant, call me at (512)401-2500 or 866-451-2500.
9. We greatly appreciate the confidence you have shown in us by allowing us to assist you in improving your appearance and health, and you may be assured of our best efforts to achieve the most satisfactory surgical result possible for your particular, individual anatomy and condition.
10. Please schedule a follow up appointment with the physician approximately 3 weeks after the laser treatment.