Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer BBL Ultra Peel solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. BBL ULTRA PEEL combines Broadband Light treatment followed by Nano Erbium Laser. Brown spots or freckles are removed, while the Nano laser removes the outermost layers of the skin for a smooth glow. Patients see improvement in sun damage spots and improvement in fine lines and wrinkles.
Most skin areas can be treated. Popular treatment areas are the face and neck though some people also treat the chest and hands. You should discuss your needs with the Buckingham Center clinical staff.
Treatments can be performed on the face, neck, chest, and back of hands for:
- Mild wrinkles
- Softening fine lines
- Sun damage (e.g., freckles)
- Pigment irregularities
- Stimulating collagen production for long lasting deep wrinkle improvements
Dr. Buckingham feels that successful facial plastic surgery results from the development and maintenance of good rapport between the patient, the surgeon, and his staff during the consultation and future appointments. The consultation will include a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to bring about the desired results and all questions relating to the patients specific concerns will be addressed.
Prospective patients are encouraged to call the office to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience.
I am three months past my Lower Facelift, Fat Transfer, Chemical Peel and CO2 laser resurfacing. Now I know that sounds like a lot but after about 2 weeks I could go out in public. Since I am new to the area most people just state how young I look for my age, 64. My family wasn’t sure at first about having the procedures but now all admit it was well worth it. Having said that, the experience went well largely due to Dr. Buckingham and his staff. OK, they even sent me flowers! But, if I had any questions or concerns they were just a call away.I should say that after being a RN for 35 years I knew the right questions to ask at pre-op but even if I hadn’t, they had all my questions answer-before I had to ask.
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.
Frequently Asked BBL ULTRA Peel Questions
The number of treatments depends on your skin’s condition and desired results. Buckingham Center’s clinical staff can personalize a plan based on your specific needs and may choose to combine BBL ULTRA PEEL with other aesthetic procedures to further personalize your treatment.
BBL ULTRA PEEL is a very tolerable treatment that requires, at most, a topical anesthetic which is applied 45 minutes to 1 hour prior to treatment.
After the treatment pigmented spots will turn dark and you will experience mild redness and warmth, similar to a sunburn-like sensation.
Depending on the depth of treatment, most patients feel comfortable enough to return to work within a couple of days- an attribute that has given rise to the nickname “the weekend peel”. Typically, at day 2 skin will begin to peel. Peeling usually lasts about 2-3 days. Redness may persist up to seven days and can be covered by make-up.
You may be given skin care products and instructions on how to use them. Your skin will be sensitive to ultraviolet light after the procedure, so you must avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed. It is recommended that you always use some level of solar protection to avoid sun damage and premature aging of your skin.
Most patients notice improvement in tone, texture and color evenness once the skin heals in approximately one week. Nice results can be obtained in just one treatment, however the number of treatments needed may vary from patient to patient.