Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer Injectables solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. Dermal fillers are a temporary solution, and while they can deliver excellent results, they will require routine “touch-ups” in order to maintain the naturally young and rested look they offer. They may be used as the only anti-aging therapy or in addition to other non-invasive or surgical treatments. The following links will provide additional information about each of the products available at Dr. Buckingham’s practice.
As patients age, they begin to notice little imperfections in the face creeping up. Wrinkles and fine lines are one of the most noticeable aging signs when looking in the mirror, but they may also see other changes as well, such as a decrease in volume in the cheeks and under the eyes.
The effects that time has do not always reflect your inner vitality but can easily be made to match with facial rejuvenation techniques. While cosmetic surgery is one way to restore the youthful appearance of the face and deliver long-lasting results, not everyone is interested in the more invasive approaches. A popular alternative is injectables. Muscle relaxing injectables like Botox and dermal fillers like Juvederm are injected into the soft tissue of the face in areas that can benefit from smoother skin texture and/or added volume. There are many options, each of which offers its own benefits.
Thank you for the professional care that I received from you and your staff. I always felt confident and comfortable because of your expertise in your field. I also appreciated the beautiful flowers that you sent after surgery. We are also very appreciative that you took care of B’s mole. Your kindness will always be appreciated.
Injectable Dermal Fillers Options at Buckingham Center
Botox is a popular wrinkle treatment comprised of a natural, purified protein produced by botulinum bacterium. Over 11 million patients have safely received injections of very low doses in the muscles of the face that cause unwanted wrinkles from repetitive contraction, such as frown lines. Within days the lines are temporarily smoothed and the face looks naturally relaxed for up to 4 to 6 months.
Read More about Botox in Austin, Texas
Belotero is an dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the human body that attracts moisture to the skin and adds youthful volume. Belotero restores the appearance of the face after wrinkles and lines have begun to develop as production of hyaluronic acid diminishes. The filler is ideal for superficial lines around the mouth and nose. Results typically last for up to 6 months.
Read More about Belotero in Austin, Texas
Similar to Botox, Dysport is a second product composed of botulinum toxin. Dysport temporarily paralyzes the muscles of the face used to frown or squint and erases the wrinkles formed by these actions. Patients look younger and happier after treatments, which typically take place every 3 to 6 months for those who would like to maintain the results. Dysport is an alternative to Botox and may be used in men and women who have built a resistance to Botox.
Read More about Dysport in Austin, Texas
Frown lines are formed by lax skin and/or the repetitive use of certain muscles in the brow region and they become more noticeable as a patient ages. These furrows between the eyebrows can be treated in several ways, depending on the severity and cause of the lines. Minimally invasive options include Botox and dermal fillers like Restylane or Radiesse. Brow-lift surgery may be more suitable for patients with severe drooping of the brow.
Read More about Frown Lines in Austin, Texas
Wrinkles caused by aging skin, overactive muscle use, and sun exposure are aptly treated with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers like Juvederm. Juvederm is a non-animal based clear gel filler comprised of a substance natural to the body. Injections result in the immediate improvement of facial lines, the lips, and other areas of the face that have lost volume or desire additional fullness that may be retained for up to one year.
Read More about Juvederm in Austin, Texas
Deep facial wrinkles may be corrected with Radiesse, a dermal filler comprised of calcium hydroxyapatite. The substance is found in teeth and bone and is used for a variety of purposes, included being injected in soft tissue to help build collagen in a desired area. Radiesse is long lasting, averaging about 18 months, and it is often used in deep creases, nasolabial folds, marionette and frown lines, and to add fullness to the facial contours.
Read More about Radiesse in Austin, Texas
As we age our faces lose volume. Restylane Lyft, formerly known as Perlane-L, is a dermal hyaluronic acid gel used to correct volume loss and treat wrinkles in the face.
Read More about Restylane Lyft in Austin, Texas
The lips and the lines around the mouth, like other areas of the face show signs of aging as you get older. This often results in lip thinning, lost shape and an increase in vertical lines above the lip. Restylane Silk is designed for meticulously precise lip definition and line control for the silkier, smoother lips you’ve been looking for.
Read More about Restylane Silk in Austin, Texas
Sculptra restores facial volume by stimulating collagen production. The poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) substance is a synthetic material that produces long lasting results that look natural as they occur over time. Results are not immediate like other fillers and will begin to be noticeable starting six weeks following treatment; however, they are longer lasting and will endure for 2 years or possibly longer.
After reviewing the above types of injectables, contact Dr. Buckingham to schedule a consultation and discuss which is right for you. Call 512-401-2500.
Read More about Sculptra in Austin, Texas
Juve’derm Vobella is an injectable filler base on hyaluronic acid that provides a desirable improvement in the lip contour, boosting volume, smoothing vertical creases (smoker lines) and achieving symmetry. Volbella can also be used to superficially lift other areas of the face, such as crow’s feet.
Read More about Volbella in Austin, Texas
Over time, your face changes in many ways. This is part of the normal aging process, but genetics and environmental factors can also play a role. Juve’derm Voluma XC is the first FDA- approved filler to instantly add volume to the cheek area in people over the age of 21.
Read More about Voluma in Austin, Texas
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.