Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer Diamond Glow solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. Beautiful, bright, healthy skin is within reach with the help of Diamond Glow treatments at Buckingham Center in Austin, Texas. Both men and women can benefit from this lunchtime procedure that removes almost 80% of dead skin cells and lightens, tightens, and improves skin texture. This breakthrough, non-invasive treatment by Allergan improves oily skin, dry skin, and uneven skin tones. Patients in Austin can enjoy a healthier complexion and increased confidence with no downtime and very few side effects.
Dr. Buckingham feels that successful facial plastic surgery results from the development and maintenance of good rapport between the patient, the surgeon, and his staff during the consultation and future appointments. The consultation will include a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to bring about the desired results and all questions relating to the patients specific concerns will be addressed.
Prospective patients are encouraged to call the office to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience.
What is Diamond Glow?
Diamond Glow’s three-in-one technology exfoliates, extracts, and dermally infuses powerful skin serums during a short and pain-free in-office treatment. Using an exfoliating diamond treatment head equipped with suction and infusion abilities, Diamond Glow by Allergan infuses a condition-specific serum at the moment of exfoliation, which immediately plumps, brightens, and rejuvenates the surface of the skin. The serum also progressively activates cellular improvements that continue to enhance skin health and aesthetics long after the treatment.
Benefits of Diamond Glow
Diamond Glow is an advanced technology that restores volume, evens out skin tone, hydrates, and smooths out imperfections. Allergan’s Diamond Glow offers many benefits:
- Volumizes up to 70%
- treatment completed under 30 minutes
- Zero downtime needed
- Safe and patented technology
- Encourages skin rejuvenation
- Improves the skin’s ability to function normally
- Enhances skin’s appearance
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Refreshes and brightens skin
- Cleans blocked pores
- Treats all skin tones
- Addresses multiple areas
- Treats facial sun damage, décolletage, and other areas
- Lightens stretch marks on the breasts and abdomen
- Improves acne and acne scars
- Improves oily skin
Am I a Candidate for Diamond Glow?
Diamond Glow is safe and effective, making it a great choice for a wide range of patients. Diamond Glow candidates include those who are looking for instant improvements in skin tone, texture, hydration, signs of aging, and more.
Diamond Glow is recommended for every skin type and the diamond tips provide different levels of exfoliation from mild to coarse. Even sensitive complexions can safely benefit from Diamond Glow. Our skin specialists will determine Diamond Glow candidacy during a private consultation at Buckingham Center.
The Diamond Glow Consultation in Austin, TX
A Diamond Glow skin consultation includes a discussion of the patient’s goals and any problematic skin concerns. A review of the patient’s health history and a physical examination will provide the specialist with the criteria needed for a successful treatment plan, which will include a condition-specific serum and several recommended treatments.
Approved candidates must adhere to the treatment recommendations to achieve the best results. Before and after photos of previous patients are available, and the skin specialist will describe the treatment, the expectations, and any other recommended procedures before inviting the patient to ask questions.
The Diamond Glow Procedure
Diamond Glow face and body skin resurfacing treatments at Buckingham Center in Austin, Texas, are performed using a specialized handheld device. The diamond-tipped wand glides over the skin’s surface as it exfoliates, vacuums dirt, dead cells, and debris, and simultaneously infuses a customized serum based on the patient’s skin type and individual needs.
The wand is gentle enough to improve sensitive areas of the face that are typically avoided during exfoliation, including the skin around the eyes and lips. A custom Diamond Glow treatment plan is created during the consultation, which may include a series of treatments to address the face, neck, chest, arms, or other areas on the body.
The professional-strength serum that will be used during treatment is selected at the consultation based on the patient’s skin tone and specific concerns. The serums help resolve problematic skin conditions and may include salicylic acid to address acne or hyaluronic acid to moisturize, etc.
Together the exfoliation, extraction, and infusion will treat acne scars, cleanse clogged pores, and improve hyperpigmentation, dark spots, dry or oily skin, and rough areas. The pain-free treatment delivers precise, beautiful results in less than thirty minutes.
Recovering from Diamond Glow
Immediately after the painless treatment, the skin will look more hydrated with a brighter and more even skin tone. A reduction in fine lines, stretch marks, scarring, and sun damage is progressively evident as the skin cells respond to the treatment. Four to six treatments spaced one month apart are typically recommended to improve acne scars or problematic skin conditions. No downtime is required.
Why Should I Choose the Buckingham Center?
Renowned facial plastic surgeon Dr. Edward Buckingham is board-certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology. He is the founder of Buckingham Center in Austin, TX, and oversees the operations of the plastic surgery facility. Buckingham Center is a leading plastic surgery and facial treatment center, featuring:
- Highly-qualified and experienced, board-certified plastic surgeons
- Exceptional aesthetic nurse injectors and laser specialists Rene Thomas, RN, BSN, and Rachel Miller, RN, BSN
- Customized treatment plans based on each patient’s goals and expectations
- Natural-looking changes and excellent aesthetic results
- Cutting-edge technology and safe treatments
- Award-winning practice: recipients of America’s Best Physicians, Patient’s Choice Award, and many others
- Serves national and international patients seeking outstanding results
- Offers a full range of glowing, revitalizing facial treatments like injectables, laser skin resurfacing, chemical peels like Skin Medica®, and Diamond Glow
Dear Dr. Buckingham,
A special thank you to your and your professional staff. Believe it or not, I will never look the same, only BETTER! Will be dropping by with some Rum Cake.
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.
Common Questions about Diamond Glow
The non-invasive treatment requires no anesthesia and poses almost zero risks to patients. The treated skin typically appears flushed or red immediately after the treatment, but these side effects are minor and temporary.
The skin will immediately appear up to 70% plumper and more hydrated for up to 72 hours. Skin treated with a professional-strength serum will experience lasting results and gradual improvement in hyperpigmentation, acne, and oily or dry skin. Each patient receives a customized treatment plan, including a series of infusion treatments and follow-up maintenance treatments to ensure long-lasting results.
Most Diamond Glow professionals recommend a series of four to six treatments to ensure significant, lasting results. Diamond Glow treatments offer dramatic results that continue to improve long after the procedure. Maintenance treatments ensure continuously smooth, youthful, and healthy skin.
Dermabrasion is a controlled, consistent, and gentle treatment, while microdermabrasion blasts particles of the skin to more aggressively exfoliate the skin’s surface. The only similarity between microdermabrasion and Diamond Glow is that they both involve exfoliation. Diamond Glow also injects a condition-specific solution deep within the skin to regenerate the skin cells.
Diamond Glow’s beautiful, glowing results complement Botox, which reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movement. A personalized care plan at Buckingham Center may recommend additional treatments to match your goals, including fillers, endoscopic forehead lift, chin liposuction, or another facial rejuvenation treatment.
Schedule Your Diamond Glow Consultation
The Diamond Glow treatment at Buckingham Center for Plastic Surgery in Austin, Texas, is performed by trained aesthetic specialists and offers outstanding results with no pain or downtime. To learn more, call us today at 512.401.2500, or visit Buckingham Center’s website to schedule your appointment with Dr. Buckingham or Dr. Smith. We look forward to meeting you.