Dysport is another type of botulinum toxin similar to and used as an alternative to Botox.
What can Dysport do for you?
Whenever you laugh, frown, concentrate or squint into the sun, your facial muscles contract and your skin creases creating wrinkles. As you get older your skin loses its elasticity and those creases deepen into lines that become etched on your face. Frown lines between your eyes can become particularly noticeable at a relatively young age, making you look angry or worried even when you’re not.
By temporarily immobilizing the muscles you use to frown, Dysport can smooth out those lines, restoring a more youthful, less stressed expression to your face. Because you will be physically unable to frown after treatment, you may even lose the urge to frown. The lasting effect of treatment with Dysport can differ between individuals after which further courses of treatment may be necessary. Speak with your specialist about the results you can expect with Dysport.
Many people find after several treatments that they don’t need another one for longer, because they have “unlearned” the habit of frowning or squinting that originally led to the development of these lines.
- Does Botox or Dysport last longer?
- Do Dysport and Botox have the same ingredients?
- Any treatment for crow’s feet wrinkles if I got resistance to Dysport?
- Do the effects of Botox and Dysport injections differ?
- What are some risks associated with getting either Botox or Dysport?
Who can benefit from Dysport?
Deeply etched frown lines affect not just your appearance, but also your self-esteem and even your choice of career. Dysport can help you look younger, more relaxed and in control – for around the same price per month as a cut and colour by your hairdresser.
Many people with frown lines or wrinkles can benefit from Dysport- and it can work as well for men as it does for women. In fact many men are already experiencing the benefits of a younger, more relaxed looking appearance that Dysport injectables can provide. Discuss with your specialist about the benefits of Dysport for you.
To determine if a patient is a good candidate for this procedure, Dr. Buckingham recommends a private patient consultation.
Dr. Buckingham and team, Your talent has created so many compliments and provided a life altering experience! Before and after surgery your care and extra touches were greatly appreciated. Seriously love the results! I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Why Choose Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- Was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
Dr. Buckingham feels that successful facial plastic surgery results from the development and maintenance of good rapport between the patient, the surgeon, and his staff during the consultation and future appointments. The consultation will include a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to bring about the desired results and all questions relating to the patient’s specific concerns will be addressed.
Prospective patients are encouraged to call the office to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience.