Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer Halo Laser solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. Your skin may lack vibrancy, and you may no longer see a beautiful, youthful glow when you look in the mirror. Excess sun exposure and age deplete facial skin of its youthful, healthy shine, and you may develop fine lines, wrinkles and sun spots.
Halo™ brings laser technology to the forefront of nonsurgical, cosmetic solutions by targeting and treating the top layer of the skin while also targeting damage in the deepest layers. Halo™ eliminates years of sun damage, unwanted signs of aging and restores the luminous glow of youth.
Halo Laser Before and After Photos
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
- Halo Laser Before and After Photos
- Get the Halo Glow:
- What is Halo™ Laser?
- Good Candidates for Halo™ Laser
- During Your Consultation
- Halo™ Laser Results
- Halo™ Laser Treatment Process
- Halo Laser Before and After Photos
- Possible Side Effects:
- Pre-Treatment Instructions
- Frequently Asked Halo™ Questions
- Schedule Your Halo™ Laser Consultation in Austin Today
Get the Halo Glow:
Buckingham Center in Austin, TX, offers nonsurgical, Halo™ Laser rejuvenation by Sciton. The Halo™ Laser treatment is unique because it uses tunable, dual non-ablative and ablative wavelengths. This laser technology allows board-certified, facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Edward Buckingham and his nurses, to customize each treatment to accommodate the exact needs of his patient as they pertain to degrees of sun damage, skin texture, tone and desired downtime.
Halo™ Laser is the first- and the only- hybrid fractional laser that features tunable wavelengths. Its exceptional results are getting the attention of men and women in the United States and abroad. The Halo™ treatment restores a youthful vibrancy to the skin, known as the Halo™ glow.
What is Halo™ Laser?
Halo™ Laser is a customizable, nonsurgical treatment for sunspots, fine lines, wrinkles, poor skin texture and the improvement of large pores. Halo™ Laser uses a combination of laser wavelengths to improve superficial and deeper levels of dermal pigmentation and to produce significant improvements in skin tone and texture. The Halo™ glow is an outcome achieved with this rejuvenation process.
The results are long lasting, and the downtime can be controlled to match each patient’s availability and schedule restrictions by using several small treatments spaced apart or completing an intense treatment that achieves maximum results in just one treatment.
The Halo™ Laser treatment is an excellent option for men and women with rough or uneven skin texture, pigment discoloration, decreased tone, large pores, dull skin with a lack of luster or shine, fine lines and wrinkles.
The Halo™ Laser treatment provides comparable rejuvenation results without the downtime experienced with more aggressive procedures. Dr. Buckingham recommends Halo™ to individuals seeking a nonsurgical treatment that provides long-lasting results of up to two years.
Good Candidates for Halo™ Laser
Most men and women who desire to improve the appearance of their skin, decrease oversized pores, minimize wrinkles and fine lines, treat uneven skin tone and improve their skin’s texture can expect to achieve excellent results with Halo™ Laser.
Request a consultation with facial plastic surgeon Dr. Buckingham to find out if you qualify as a good candidate for Halo™ Laser and to learn if Halo™ is the right skin rejuvenation choice for you.
During Your Consultation
Your consultation with Dr. Buckingham will take approximately one hour and is an opportune time for you to share your desires, hopes and expectations with Dr. Buckingham, who understands the importance of developing and maintaining a good rapport with each of his patients.
Dr. Buckingham will complete a facial analysis to determine if Halo™ Laser is the best procedural match for your expectations and goals. Sharing openly and honestly will ensure that your results match your desires. Dr. Buckingham and his skilled staff are committed to tailoring their services to match your aesthetic goals, budget and recovery time expectations. Dr. Buckingham may recommend other treatments be combined with your Halo treatment to achieve the cosmetic results that you desire.
Call the office to request an appointment with Dr. Buckingham. A consultation is the best way to discuss the potential results that you can achieve with Halo™.
Halo™ Laser Results
The Halo™ Laser treatment provides a complete facial rejuvenation that repairs visible signs of aging, skin discoloration, sun damage, enlarged pores and uneven skin tone. A significant improvement in your skin’s tone, texture, reflectivity and glow are achievable with one or more Halo™ treatment. Dr. Buckingham will recommend a series of treatments if they are needed.
In just two to three days, the initial Halo™ results will begin to appear. The complete results will appear progressively over the next few months. The skin rejuvenation results will last for several years with proper care, such as avoiding sun damage.
Halo™ Laser Treatment Process
A topical anesthetic is applied to the skin 30 to 60 minutes before the treatment, which will gently numb the skin. One of the highly trained nurses then rolls the Halo™ handpiece over the top layer of the facial skin. Wavelengths will treat each layer of the skin, and a natural healing process will be triggered deep within the skin.
Halo™ has integrated cooling technology that maintains a comfortable temperature. Discomfort is mild to moderate and described as tingling and heat. Halo™ also uses motion tracking technology, which ensures that the entire area receives treatment. It then alerts when the Halo™ treatment is complete.
Halo™ provides consistent results. Visible sun damage and signs of aging, as-well-as deeper levels of damage will be treated. Pigment from deeper layers of damaged skin will surface and peel, revealing the new, rejuvenated skin.
Halo Laser Before and After Photos
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Possible Side Effects:
Swelling and redness are side effects of the Halo™ laser treatment. It is best to avoid sleeping either on your side or flat on your back for the first few days after the treatment. Elevating your head will significantly minimize possible swelling, such as sleeping in a chair. Ibuprofen, Benadryl, and ice will treat discomfort or swelling.
It is important to note that swelling will not affect the positive results achieved with Halo™. A steroid may be prescribed to treat excess swelling. Dr. Buckingham and his nurses will discuss any possible risks or side effects with you and will only recommend this treatment if you are found to be a good match.
- Stop using Retin-A, Renova, Differin, for one week prior to treatment and do not resume for one week after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds and sunless/self tanning lotions for 2 weeks prior to and throughout the course of your treatments. It is important that your skin remains its natural color without any tanning. In order to avoid tanning, a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunblock with an SPF of 30 must be applied 15 minutes prior to casual sun exposure. Prolonged sun exposure requires repeated applications of sunblock every 2 hours. Sun block must be reapplied after swimming. If sun exposure is unavoidable, more treatment sessions may be needed to achieve the desired results as lower settings must be used to protect sun-exposed skin.Recent sun exposure that causes tanning may result in cancellation of the treatment in order to avoid complications.
- Please inform us if you have any history of “herpes”, “cold sores”, or “fever blisters”.In such instances, Valtrex may be prescribed prior to treatment. Like sunlight, laser light may cause a cold sore or fever blister leading to more serious complications.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us without hesitation.
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.
Frequently Asked Halo™ Questions
Halo™ Laser is a skin rejuvenating, nonsurgical procedure. Dr. Buckingham’s patients experience noticeable improvements in their skin tone and texture and a significant reduction in skin discoloration, sun spots, fine lines, wrinkles and pore size.
Expect improvements in your skin’s glow and reflectivity! Halo™ results progressively improve over several months and last up to two years with the regular use of UV sun protection.
Halo™ is an excellent option because of its versatility. You can choose the number of your Halo™ treatments! Discuss your cosmetic requests and time availability with Dr. Buckingham’s nurses, and they will assist you in selecting an option of one or two higher-level treatments or multiple, lower-level treatments to achieve similar goals.
The staff will apply anesthetic topically to your skin thirty to sixty minutes before the treatment, and this will reduce any discomfort during the treatment. Experiencing a tingling sensation with heat is expected. Motion tracking technology assists the nurses in applying an even application, and the system will indicate when the session is complete.
The topical anesthetic along with an integrated cooling component, ensure that patients experience minimal discomfort. Patients typically describe the sensation felt during the treatment as an occasional prickling with heat. Patients commonly express feeling warmth for the next 15-30 minutes. If you have a deep level treatment, the area may remain warm for longer.
Follow each of Dr. Buckingham’s post-procedure instructions. Protecting your skin is important. You should be able to resume regular activities on the same or following day. You may be permitted to apply make-up after the first 24-hours.
Within 2-5 days, you will see the first changes, and your skin will continue to improve each day. Within 2-3 weeks, a lot of pigmentary improvements will be experienced, and the dermal regeneration phase will continue to increase over the next several months.
Your Halo™ results will last for several years if appropriate skin care and maintenance are continued. Dr. Buckingham recommends BBL™ (Broadband Light) therapy and additional Halo™ treatments to improve any results that you have achieved. Keeping your skin protected while in the sun is important. Wear UV sunscreen to protect your new, healthy skin from ultraviolet rays!
Halo treatments are customized to treat your skin’s needs, as well as your lifestyle. Dr. Buckingham may recommend a single Halo™ treatment or a series of subsequent treatments. The cost varies and is based on the number of procedures and on any combined treatments that you request, such as eyebrow lift or lip rejuvenation.
Schedule Your Halo™ Laser Consultation in Austin Today
Call today to request a Halo™ Laser consultation with Dr. Buckingham or Dr. Smith in the Austin, TX, office at 512.401.2500. Se habla Español. Your one -on-one consultation with Dr. Buckingham or Dr. Smith will include the use of digital image technology that will help you to choose the very best treatment results.