Doctors Edward Buckingham and Erin Smith offer Liquid Rhinoplasty solutions for patients in Austin & Sunset Valley, TX. The symmetry, shape, and size of the nose can significantly impact a person’s confidence and appearance. Traditional rhinoplasty is a complex plastic surgery that permanently transforms the structure of the nose, but non-surgical dermal fillers can also offer key cosmetic nasal improvements for patients who do not wish to undergo surgery.
Leading rhinoplasty surgeon Edward D. Buckingham, M.D., F.A.C.S., performs liquid rhinoplasty in Austin, Texas, Westlake Hills, Lakeway, Sunset Hill and surrounding areas for men and women who are dissatisfied with the appearance of their noses.
What is Liquid Rhinoplasty?
Liquid rhinoplasty, also known as a non-surgical nose job, is an in-office, convenient alternative to surgical rhinoplasty. This specialized rhinoplasty procedure involves the use of high-quality injectable fillers to reshape the nose and create significant, temporary nasal and profile improvements without adjusting the underlying bone or cartilage.
Dr. Buckingham is a world-renowned rhinoplasty surgeon and injection specialist who can change the position and shape of the nasal tip, straighten the nose, and hide bumps using injectable fillers.
While many nose job patients experience outstanding results with liquid rhinoplasty, Dr. Buckingham recommends traditional rhinoplasty surgery for adult men and women who want permanent results or need to repair a birth defect, traumatic injury, or breathing issues.
- What is Liquid Rhinoplasty?
- Fillers Used in Our Liquid Rhinoplasty
- Non-Surgical Nose Job Benefits
- Liquid Rhinoplasty Candidates
- Liquid Rhinoplasty Consultations in our Austin Office
- The Non-Surgical Nose Job Procedure
- Liquid Rhinoplasty Recovery
- Frequently Asked Questions About Liquid Rhinoplasty
- Schedule Your Non-Surgical Nose Job Consultation
Fillers Used in Our Liquid Rhinoplasty
Buckingham Center offers the highest-quality, FDA-approved fillers and injectables to ensure safe, long-lasting, natural-looking results. Dr. Buckingham creates a unique injection plan for each patient during the consultation and typically uses hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers to create non-surgical improvements because they are ideal for molding and shaping the nose.
Restylane® redefines beauty and has a highly favorable safety profile. Buckingham Center offers Restylane-L, Restylane Silk and Restylane Lyft (formerly Perlane). Allergy testing is not required because Restylane is composed of hyaluronic acid, which is found naturally in the body and is fully biocompatible. The solution uses the body’s moisture to maintain the shape of the nose. The filler is slowly absorbed by the system over six to nine months.
Dr. Buckingham may recommend Restylane Lyft to smooth and heighten the nose. Repeated treatments can sustain longer-lasting results and less hyaluronic acid may be needed to maintain volume over time. Read more about RestylaneRead More.
Juvederm® offers a collection of safe, high-quality hyaluronic acid gels that are naturally absorbed into the system. Dr. Buckingham specializes in Vollure XC, Voluma XC and Volbella injections, which he uses to enhance the lips, cheeks, nose, and other areas of the face.
Dr. Buckingham may recommend Juvederm to smooth sharp angles or to reduce curves and bumps on the nose. The doctor uses Juvederm to achieve customized results by adding dimension to a tiny nose or blending an overly large or hooked nose so it appears straight or less obtuse. Results last up to 12 months, but maintenance injections can offer longer-term effects. Read more about Juvederm Read More.
Botox® injections are used to reduce wrinkles in the upper area of the face, lift the brows, and enhance the nose. A small amount of Botox blocks the signals between the nerves and facial muscles to reduce movement for three to six months.
Dr. Buckingham may use Botox injections to smooth frown lines between the brows or a crease above the nose. The doctor may also use Botox to enhance the tip of the nose, which can dip if the smile muscles pull the nose downward. Read more about BotoxRead More.
Non-Surgical Nose Job Benefits
Liquid rhinoplasty cannot reduce the size of the nose or treat breathing issues. However, Dr. Buckingham may recommend non-surgical rhinoplasty to patients who seek cosmetic improvements in their nose, face and profile that do not require adjusting the underlying bone or cartilage.
Non-surgical nose jobs will not prevent patients from having surgical rhinoplasty if they desire permanent results in the future. Liquid rhinoplasty offers multiple benefits, including:
- Increased confidence levels
- Significant nasal improvements
- Improved facial harmony
- Reduced pain treatment with little to no downtime
- Quick procedure performed in less than 15 minutes
- FDA-approved, safe injections
- No surgical risks
- Instant, natural-looking results that may last up to a full year
Liquid Rhinoplasty Candidates
Dr. Buckingham may recommend liquid rhinoplasty to healthy adults who are dissatisfied with their nose and wish to enhance their appearance without invasive surgery. Patients must have realistic expectations and understand the limitations of the procedure.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty can offer multiple cosmetic alterations by adding volume to improve a hooked or crooked nose, enhance nasal asymmetry, or slim a broad nasal bridge. The injectable nose job is not designed to reduce the size of the nose, adjust cartilage, or alter the underlying nasal structure.
Liquid Rhinoplasty Consultations in our Austin Office
Dr. Edward Buckingham evaluates Austin and the surrounding-area non-surgical nose job candidates during a private consultation at Buckingham Center. During the meeting, he explains the benefits and limitations of the procedure and asks about the patient’s goals.
Once he has explained the procedure and learned more about the patient’s expectations, Dr. Buckingham performs a physical examination to determine if liquid rhinoplasty is the best option. This gives him the information he needs to create a customized treatment plan for the patient based on their unique needs.
The Non-Surgical Nose Job Procedure
Non-surgical nose jobs with Dr. Buckingham are performed in the modern, spa-like facility at the Buckingham Center for Facial Plastic Surgery. The process takes approximately 15 minutes.
To begin, Dr. Buckingham numbs the skin and strategically injects dermal fillers to reshape the nose, fix unwanted bumps, or lift a droopy tip. The doctor achieves facial harmony by contouring and changing the shape and angle of the nose.
Dr. Buckingham may also perform Botox injections to relax specific muscles, smooth fine lines and wrinkles, lift the brows, or minimize the appearance of a broad nasal bridge. Patients may view themselves in a mirror as the doctor makes the adjustments.
Liquid Rhinoplasty Recovery
Patients return home to rest after the liquid rhinoplasty procedure, and may resume their regular schedule almost immediately. Mild swelling and bruising can be expected for several hours after the procedure. The type of injectable used and the complexity of the procedure may briefly extend the recovery time.
Dr. Buckingham provides a complete list of pre- and post-treatment instructions during the consultation. He recommends postponing physical activities and avoiding wearing glasses for 24 to 48 hours after the procedure to encourage the best results. Patients should also stay out of the sun and keep their skin clean and hydrated after the treatment. Patients may apply makeup to the area the next day.
Why to Choose Buckingham Center
About Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
About Dr. Smith
- Dr. Smith completed her undergraduate education at the University of Mississippi with a double major in Biochemistry and Psychology.
- She completed a Masters in Science in Neuroscience from Tulane University in New Orleans, LA.
- Received her Medical Degree from the University of Mississippi School of Medicine, where she graduated in the top 5%.
- She then went on to complete a rigorous 5-year Head & Neck Surgery residency program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center where she served as Chair of the Chief Resident Council.
- Also, she was appointed as the resident member of the Facial Plastic and Reconstruction Education Committee for the American Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Society.
- She treated patients from all over the world and gained expertise in facial paralysis surgery, primary and revision rhinoplasty, face and neck lift, lip lift, eyelid and eyebrow surgery, and skin cancer reconstruction.
- Dr. Smith has authored numerous peer-reviewed journal publications and book chapters and has presented her work at medical meetings across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions About Liquid Rhinoplasty
There are limited risks associated with liquid rhinoplasty, as with any cosmetic treatment. Rare Juvederm or Restylane risks may include mild bleeding, bruising, scarring, pain and itching at the site of the injection, tenderness and much less commonly, skin necrosis and blindness. The last two risks are very rare and can possibly be eliminated with the use of blunt needles for injection.
Botox injections may pose risks that include headaches, droopy skin, mild bruising, and swelling.
The risks may vary depending on the injections used and the location treated. Dr. Buckingham explains the potential risks and benefits of the non-surgical nose job during the consultation.
Because each liquid rhinoplasty procedure is customized to meet the patient’s unique needs, the price varies slightly. The number and type of injections used will affect the price, but most liquid rhinoplasty procedures cost between $600 and $1000.
A Patient Care Consultant will go over the estimated price of the procedure during the consultation and help you schedule your appointment.
Liquid rhinoplasty results vary slightly depending on the patient and the longevity of the individual fillers. Liquid rhinoplasty results typically last for up to one year, but extended results are available with routine maintenance injections. Dr. Buckingham will recommend a maintenance program at the follow-up appointment.
Schedule Your Non-Surgical Nose Job Consultation
If you would like to adjust the appearance of your nose or improve your profile without surgery, then a non-surgical nose job may be right for you. Call 512.401.2500 or visit the Buckingham Center website to schedule a consultation with Dr. Buckingham or Dr. Smith for liquid rhinoplasty in Austin, Texas and its surrounding areas.