Restylane and Restylane Lyft are FDA approved dermal fillers for facial lines. They are a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel based on a natural substance, called hyaluronic acid. The gel is injected into the skin in tiny amounts with a very fine needle. The result is instantaneous and produces a long-lasting, natural enhancement, gentle and safe to your skin. Restylane may be used to augment lips, fill in facial lines or smooth and erase the appearance of dark circles under the eyes.
Restylane and Restylane Lyft cost about the same as collagen injections, lasts at least 6 to 9 months, which is nearly twice as long as collagen, and do not require a skin test. For these reasons Buckingham Center’s Nurse Injectors are nearly exclusive injecting these products for conditions that in the past were treated with collagen. The other dermal soft tissue filler Dr. Buckingham recommends is Juvederm. A complete description of these products is available on this website.
*Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
To determine if a patient is a good candidate for this procedure, Dr. Buckingham recommends a private patient consultation.
Dr. Buckingham feels that successful facial plastic surgery results from the development and maintenance of good rapport between the patient, the surgeon, and his staff during the consultation and future appointments. The consultation will include a complete facial analysis to determine the best procedure to bring about the desired results and all questions relating to the patients specific concerns will be addressed.
Prospective patients are encouraged to call the office to schedule an appointment at their earliest convenience.
Frequently Asked Restylane Questions
Restylane is an FDA-approved dermal filler comprised of hyaluronic acid. It may be used to treat facial lines and wrinkles, to enhance the lips, and to improve the appearance of dark circles beneath the eyes. Once Restylane is injected it can restore a more youthful appearance by creating volume and fullness in the face.
Restylane is a clear, biodegradable, non-animal based gel made that is made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance. Because Restylane is non-animal based, a skin test is not needed prior to treatment.
Candidates for Restylane treatment are in good physical health and have realistic expectations for improving the appearance of wrinkles and other facial imperfections. A private patient consultation with Dr. Buckingham is the best way to determine if Restylane is right for you.
During your consultation for a Restylane injected treatment, Dr. Buckingham will perform a complete facial analysis. This will allow him to determine if Restylane is best suited to meet your desired results or if another procedure will be more appropriate. Dr. Buckingham will also answer any questions or concerns that you may have about the Restylane treatment or other plastic surgery procedures.
Read more restylane questions.
Frequently Asked Restylane Lyft Questions
What is Restylane Lyft?
Restylane Lyft is an FDA-approved dermal filler able to soften facial lines and wrinkles by restoring lost volume and fullness. Restylane Lyft treatments can provide the facial skin with a more youthful and smoother appearance. Restylane Lyft has also been used to treat facial scars and skin depressions and to augment or enhance the lips.
What specific areas of the face or body can be treated with Restylane Lyft?
Restylane Lyft has been used on facial wrinkles, nasolabial creases, cheek depressions, acne scars, hollows around the eyes, facial depressions, and fine lines around the lips, mouth, nose and forehead. Restylane Lyft has also been used for lip enhancement and chin augmentation and to redefine the lip border.
What is Restylane Lyft made of?
Restylane Lyft is comprised of a natural substance known as hyaluronic acid. It is a crystal-clear, non-animal, biodegradable gel that has no risk of allergy and does not require skin testing prior to treatment.
- Restylane Silk vs. Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Silk vs. Other Fillers
- Restylane Silk: A New Option for Lip Wrinkling
- Does Restylane affect Insulin?
- What is Restylane Lyft and what can it improve?
Who is the best candidate for Restylane Lyft treatments?
Candidates for Restylane Lyft treatment are in good physical health and have realistic expectations for improving the appearance of facial wrinkles and lines, scars and skin depressions.
Why Choose Dr. Buckingham
- B.B.A. in Accounting from Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Completed his pre-medical coursework achieving a perfect 4.0 grade point average at the University of Texas in Austin.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston.
- He was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society as a junior medical student and served as the organization’s vice-president and later president.
- Graduating medical school in the top 2% of the class with highest honors, Dr. Buckingham received the Donald Duncan Memorial Scholarship in Anatomy, the Edward Randall Medal for Academic Excellence, and the Merck Manual Award.
- He then performed a general surgery internship and Otolaryngology residency at UTMB and was a nominee for the UTMB overall-outstanding resident.
- Additionally, he served as president of the UTMB House Officer Association and served two years on the Graduate Medical Education Advisory Committee and Executive Committee.
Read more Restylane lyft questions.